STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head...

We were buried in snow yesterday, it has since left, and now were drowning in rain!!! So, I thought these two cards were fitting for today's post. I received some new stamps last week from My Favorite Things(Rain or Shine Set) and went to town. I must say, the umbrella that comes with this set is hard for me to work with...thats why you'll only see it on one card out of the many I made. I think it would work better if the stamp were outlined and not a solid pattern. None the less, I'm still IN LOVE with this gal and her sassy coat and boots:)This card is 5x5 square and the base is Bazzill textured black. The red matte is also Bazzill cs. The patterned paper is from Me and My Big Ideas that I purchased at A.C. Moore. I haven't been able to find any since:( I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. To kill the open space to the right, I used my PTI-Little Lady Set and inked her up with Dew Drops Chalk Ink. For a litle added depth, I used MM silver eyelets. These go on super easy with my new Crop-A-Dile...how did I ever live without this??!!!!!
This is a standard A2 card. I started off with SU! Chocolate Chip base and matted Pink Bazzil cs(top half) and SU! PP on the bottom. I used my Polka Dot Bg for the top half and inked her up with Chocolate Chip ink. The stamped image is colored with prismacolor pencils and I used my Clear Spica Glitter Pen to add a little sparkle(the photo doesn't pic it up, but its super shimmery). I paper pieced her coat and added some Amuse Twinkle Stickers to her umbrella. The ribbon is SU! Chocolate Chip. Here's to hoping the rain lets up SOON:)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Glass said...

Darling Dawn! I love the dog and the boots!
Hugs,Elizabeth

Mayadiz said...

So cute! I love these cards. Love the color and design! I've been debating on whether or not to get this set..you've pushed me over on this. I'm going to have to get it.