STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Busy start to the week and a baby surprise...

So what else do you do on a Monday AND it also happens to be your birthday??!!! Welllll, you spend it at the DMV of course...LOL! I would have loved to spend my birthday any other way, but since my license expired THAT DAY, it had to be taken care of! Plus, it's the only DMV I've been to where your 2 yr. old can sit on your lap while taking the written test...she was soo good for being there almost 4 hours! Needless to say, I did pass (barely!) and I officially carry a NC license now:) I've also been trying clean up my messy craft room, but then the urge passes and I'm back to square one!

Anyhoo
, on with the fun "baby surprise" I made for my sister's baby-on-the-way! And you thought I was going to say "we" had a baby surprise right?? I love making baby stuff for friends and family. I was trying to think of a neat way to keep all the baby essentials organized, yet easy to see and readily available. All four jars here were only 8 bucks at Wal-Mart. These jars come in 3 different sizes and I used the medium size.To get started I wanted some material that would match the crib bedding. I ironed the material with a little starch to stiffen it up before running thru my wizard machine. After I cut the material out, I cut another circle the same size and mod-podged it on to the cs for strength. The letters are cut with my Cricut and the added flower embellishments are from my cuttlebug and foo-fa-la buttons. The wide polka-dot ribbon is some inexpensive stuff I picked up at Wal-Mart.The medium sized jars fit all the miniatures perfectly! In another jar I also put mylicon drops, baby tylenol, teething gel etc. You could make so many wonderful gifts with jars...think about the holidays...maybe a hot chocolate set for the kids, or cookie mix for teachers? Just a quick snapshot of sis' baby bedding. Our family friend, Sharon, made this bright ensemble. I think baby Kate is going to be very excited with all the bright colors:)

No comments: