STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Friday, June 19, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do, How Bout' a Birthday for You...

Well, I didn't get the chance to play around with those new stamps just yet! I've been on a "banner-making" kick lately and I have one to share here today. I also have a retirement banner in the works, so you'll have to stay tuned for that one! They are such a fun and nice way to display some color splash and can be easily stored...until next time! I put this ensemble together for a friend who requested a monkey theme for her little girls first birthday. I had the hardest time finding a cute girlie monkey, so I came up with this brilliant idea to buy a packet of stickers (there was only 1 image of this cute monkey in there!!) and photo copy the image on PTI white card stock. I was able to get 6 monkey images on a full sheet of cs...you don't want any more than 6 on a full sheet because you need to allow room for you nesty dies to cut them out. Once I got the monkey image center cut, I stamped my pink scallop (PTI-Faux Ribbon) and used my Karen Foster snap stamps for "Kathryn". I stamped each letter individually vs. having them attached, otherwise they would not have fit! I cut several more SU! coordinating cs colors and on the pink cs I used a SU! Polka Dot bg stamp. There is also a little added touch of yellow to the monkey's flower with an adhesive rhinestone. I printed all the party info. on a nesty cut circle and adhered it to the back. The banner is probably my favorite to date! I love to make these! The colors on this particular banner are so fun and vibrant! My gf asked if I could use Kathryn's middle name as well. I wasn't able to fit it on the invites so I incorporated it with the beginning and end pieces of the banner. I cut out all the rectangles with my nesty dies. I was really sporadic with my PTI-Polka Dot Basics set here. I used an open polka dot first, then went back and filled in sporadically with my solid polka dots. To connect all the rectangles I used a regular paper hole punch and strung thru some May Arts ribbon (I buy May Arts ribbon by the spool from Jody!) and then I went back and added coordinating ribbons in between the rectangles.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We ABSOLUTELY love them. I think you should use that monkey on everything! You are brilliant and I can't believe how much work you put into these!

Elizabeth Glass said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO cute Dawn! GREAT job!!!
Hugs,Elizabeth