STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, June 15, 2009

Vintage Barbie & Harley Combo...

Awww, the joys of summer...HUMIDITY! You would think that living rather close to the coast, the humidity would be mild, but it has been a killer weekend! I'm a "outdoorsy" girl when it comes to gardening and mowing the lawn, but it's not a whole lot of fun when your soaked before you even turn the key to the lawnmower...lol This weeks forecast is pretty much the same so I guess I will be staying inside and playing with some new stamp sets!

Anyhoo, on to the FUN stuff! I've had this vintage Barbie paper sitting in my stash and a dear friend just happened to be looking for something for her Mom in this pattern! The Barbie's are printed in silhouettes on a 12x12 sheet and I just chose 3 that would fit the size of this notebook. After I cut out the Barbie's I decided they just didn't have the "pop" in color that I was looking for. I sewed on the first layer of cs then matted all of them in SU! Ballet Blue cs. The SU! Pixie Pink cs is stamped with my PTI-Polka Dot Basics (I think I use this set on just about everything!). The write ribbon is simple offray from Wal-Mart and I wrapped it under the cover and added the bows with E6000. I don't know if you can see from the photo, but I also added a few pink rhinestones on the hats and the hair of the middle Barbie. What better combo to go with Barbie's than Harley's? A simple 4x6 photo album customized just for Mom! I replaced the inside cover with the Harley colors. Luckily with this type of album, you have 2 separate pockets for the cover vs. having to fiddle with one large cover which can buckle when you try to fiddle with it! First, I cut the coordinating card stocks and stamped PTI-Sympathy (vines) in black. And of course, then I ran it thru my sewing machine before adding the name (SU! alpha set) and adding some extra matte colors. Lastly, I added the 3-D Harley images and she was complete! This the perfect size album to stash in your purse or bike luggage!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Glass said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! GREAT JOB DAWN!!!!!!! E.

Anonymous said...

I love this Dawney! You are awesome, Boo!
~donnaK