STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Friday, January 23, 2009

Breakin' Out Some New Paper & Quickie Tutorial...

...because you can only use so many sheets of blue/pink/chocolates combinations! Believe it or not, I do LOVE other colors and was excited to finally open some new paper that has been sitting in my plastic bins. This is SU! Bella Rose. I used two sides, from two different sheets to add some contrast. The patterned paper is matted on SU! Old Olive and Bazzill Red Basic. I have used the black/red combo more than I can count, BUT this is new polka dot paper with a cute scallop on the bottom. The umbrella is also done different than in the past. I cut out the umbrella then stamped with PTI-Spiral Bouquet in SU! Whisper White craft ink. Sonoma by Scenic Route. This is double sided as well, so I just coordinated her raincoat with the berry-floral print. The patterned paper is matted on SU! Always Artichoke and Bazzil Red Basic. Since I work the with copic markers I have, I had some trouble getting just the right shade on the boots to match the burnt red of the coat scallop. With a few tries, I was able to mix a little red and brown and got the PERFECT match! These markers are really neat and because they are alcohol based you can mix several colors without them blending together on the marker tip!So I thought you might be wondering why you never see me use the umbrella that actually comes with this MFT-Rain or Shine set right?? Well, actually, I DO! You just can't see how I put it use so I thought I'd share a quick tutorial! Step 1: Stamp your image. There is no need to completely stamp the image. You will be flipping it over.
Step 2. Cut you image straight on the bottom of the scallops.Step 3. Trim the top.Step 4: Use a scalloped punch (I used SU! long scallop here) along the bottom of the paper you will use as your matte. Trim around the top just slightly larger than your dome shape.Step 5: Here is your sassy little umbrella. Just add a strip of cs and add some rhinestones on top. To keep my rhinestones perfectly spaced, I just use the "v" shape of the scallop as my guide.

Thanks Jane for your email inquiry! I hope this helps!









2 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful! I love all of them!

Kim said...

Gorgeous!!