STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Friday, January 16, 2009

Behind the Seam's--Part 2

Here is the end result of Wednesday's tutorial on altering a spiral notebook! I also splurged and made a card to compliment my notebook.I've been wanting to use these Heidi Swapp flowers for a while, but never had the right paper to match. These flowers come in a package with approx. 12 inside and they are HUGE--a little over 4 inches in diameter. With the size of the flower being so large, I wanted to keep the rest of the design simple. I paired the flower with SU! Cameo Coral and Certainly Celery CS. The strips of cs are cut at 1/2 inch and trimmed on the sides. After attaching the flowers, I sewed the strips on to the white Bazzill CS and matted them. Now I only sewed thru the white cs because sewing thru all the layers would break my sewing needle. The lettering is cut with my Cricut and I added some Diamond Stickles to just the top layer. The ovals are cut with my nesty dies. One more shot of the card. Same directions as above! This is a regular A2 size card, however with the flower on top, it requires a 5x7 envelope. I couldn't resist though, I LOOOOVE these flowers now:) I also have these in white and tried to dye them with my SU! re-inkers, but the color does not hold well. There must be some sort of "secret" out there?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the tutorial.. awaiting my notebook delivery.

Mish

Elizabeth Glass said...

Dawn,
These are really pretty! Thanks again for sharing your tips for the notebooks......Tom says thank you also! Hugs,Elizabeth