STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, May 18, 2009

Pretty Princess Birthday...

...because EVERY little girl is a princess! This project was a true labor of love because it was done for my dear friend back home in Oklahoma. Her little girl, Macy, was turning 3 and having a princess party...complete with a visit from Cinderella and tea cup goodies. My gf and I decided on what colors we should use and if you recognize the colors, you know these are based off of the Disney Princesses (Belle, Cinderella, & Sleeping Beauty!). I printed off the invites and left room on the margin to stamp my SU! Pretty Princess. I filled in her dress-up outfit with my copic makers.Fun little banner I came up with. This banner was fairly long and the only place I could get the proper wall space for a photo was in my bathroom...horrible lighting, but it worked...lol Below is detail shot of each banner panel. I randomnly stamped the princess on each 6 inch piece and then matted them in coordinating colors. This is also a great project to use up those ribbon scraps. When I was putting this together I just dumped out my ribbon scraps and went to town. How the banner was displayed at Macy's party. I especially love the extra detail my gf added with the tulle as well as the BIG puffy flowers on the ends. Here I was trying to size up the pieces...this is a very large banner, although it looks deceiving in the photos! I wanted to make sure the letters weren't going to cover up too much of the princess image. The letters were cut out with my cricut.Cupcakes sticks! Cupcake stick just for the princess!Centerpiece--I attached a dowel on the back and it was displayed in a glass bottle with marbles for support.Thank you notes!Goody bags! Say what do you say?? Ready for a party??!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You went to a lot of effort! That banner is amazing! Go, Dawn!!!

Dawn Knapp said...

Love that banner!! My girls would LOVE that. They're really into the princess stuff.