STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

#1 New Years Resolution...ORGANIZE!

So this will be the start of my organization tools. I was really excited how well they turned out. I picked these calendar booklets at Micheal's in the dollar section to see what I could do with them. Because the casing seemed sort of "flimsy" I wasn't sure how well they'd hold up to extra thickness. The thickness doesn't seem to be a problem after completion. The original front was stapled inside the calendar pocket book, so I took it out and used that as my template. I made this fun and bright one for myself. That sewing pattern looks awfully familiar doesn't? Its one of my fav's! I hadn't intended on adding the orange glittery layer, but it looked a little dull after it was done...stickles to the rescue! The monogram is from Papertrey Ink--Ambassador.
One to keep for a friend...
Since my stapler did not reach to the middle of my calendar book, I ran her thru my sewing machine. I don't recommend this since the booklets are quite thick and its hard on your machines, however, I did turn the knob by hand and it seemed to do just fine. I have since purchased a longer stapler to reach the middle:)
I lOOOOVE the repetition of the boots on this card. It is fairly simple and I just used my CM punches to matte the boots. The boots are from my My Favorite Things--Rain or Shine set. They are colored with my copic markers...see the two different browns?? It was late and I couldn't decipher as to which brown I started with...let's just call this my "eclectic" card...lol The ribbon is SU! Choco. Chip Satin(YUMMY!).

No comments: