STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mini Monograms...

ETA: The mini clipboards come in a pack of 3 and I found mine at my LCS here in Brooklyn. They can also be found at A.C. Moore and I also saw them at Michael's yesterday in the wood crafting isle.I was messing around with these mini clipboards and they are just big enough to add on a monogram. I may try and play some more with them and use my Crafty Secrets Stamps and maybe add on a cherub with fluttering wings! The DP is Doodlebug designs and I just modpodged it on for a nice seal. The ribbon is from Mikes and I used e6000 glue so it would stay on tight. I used my marvy scallop punch and PTI stamps for the monogram. The rhinestones(Micheal's) are glued on with Crystal Effects. When using CE be sure to only use a very small amount as it will bleed out on the ribbon if used in excess...don't ask me how I know!! Lastly, I also ran my clicker lighter(the long stem lighters for candles) ever so quickly over the edges of the ribbon to prevent fraying. This make take some time to practice, but as long as you go quickly you won't get that black burnt edge on the ribbon.These are some more I had made up for a friend and she is going to monogram them as needed. This is also a great project to use up those little ribbon scraps:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these! Can you tell us where you got the clipboards?

Thanks for the inspiration!

Linzi

Debbie Olson said...

These little clipboards are just darling, Dawn! Fabulous! What a great way to use small pieces of lovely papers, and I like the monograms on there as well!

Michelle said...

Hey Dawn,
Try the fray chech that they sell in little clear bottles with blue writing and a blue cap, it's called Fray Check for the ribbon. It works fantastic. I use it on all the ribbon I don't want fraying..