STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sweet Little Lady...

I wanted to use up some more of my alterables and needed a gift for a new baby in the family. I'm heading up to Boston this weekend to visit family I haven't seen since infancy or have never met and a cousin of mine just had a little girl so this will be for her.This box was originally a "tool" box(or at least those are the letters underneath my ladybug paper) that I purchased in the garden section at Joann's last year! It was 90% off(practially FREE if you ask me!) so I bought up the few they had left. My original intent was to paint it, but I really like the natural wood grain with the patterned paper(Nana's Kids by DCWV). I just rubbed my PP around the edges with my fingers, which makes for deep line grooves and makes them easy to trim. I added the scalloped edge in Pink Passion(used my SU! corner rounder) and also a small strip of Certainly Celery. The petite flowers are from PTI-Little Lady. The focal image is from SU! Spring Mini-So many Scallops. I wanted a 3-d effect so I cut out the moon and "sweet one" in complimentary colors. The moon has a glitter effect from my Spica Glitter Pen. I will probably fill this with a set of burp cloths and some other girly goodies...
I'm totally diggin' this card. I think I'm more proud of the fact that I tried a different card sketch for a change. You can re-create this card via directions on Scor-pal. I didn't have the magnet enclosure they used so I opted to tie a ribbon band on top that can be lifted off easily. All the details are pretty much the same as above. It was a little tricky trying to use the Corner Rounder for the curved edge, but with a little patience it turned out just fine:)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So cute!!! Almost makes me wish I were having a baby...