STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Altered Notebook...

Another fun project with my Garden of Life set. I decided I wanted to try it on this notebook as soon as cut out the long scalloped rectangle with my nesty dies. The Chatterbox rose paper is a perfect match to go with this stamp set. I used both sides of the design paper and stamped the top half with chocolate chip using my SU! polka dot bg. Before adding the scalloped center I laid down a strip of SU! chocolate chip satin ribbon and glued it in the middle. The roses in the center are stamped with my dew drop chalk inks: pixie pink, grapefruit, and aloe vera for the leaves. To add some dimension I cut on the inside of the roses and used pop-dots in certain places to make them "pop". After I glued and arranged the roses on, I added some stardust stickles to the outside edges. The corners are punched with my ticket corner from SU! and the adhesive pearls are from Ellen Hutson.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute cute cute girl... Don't ya just LOVE these notebooks I carry them in my purse to jot things down. I would forget half of the things I have to do if I didn't write it down. Must be getting old huh?

Elizabeth Glass said...

Very cute Dawn! Happy Friday,Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I love this note book..do you undo the spiral from the top to cover the book. I would love to attept to cover one of these but dont understand how you go about covering with the spirals at the top. thank you. Andrea

Dawn said...

Andrea, I don't have a means of contacting you...soo, I will just post your answer here:) In order to have an nice clean finish on the sprials, I just simply use my needle nose pliers and "un-do" the two ends of the spirals and then roll it to take it off. Once the spiral is off, I lay down my paper and my 1/4 inch hole punch is just the right size to punch the holes. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me!
Dawn