STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Friday, August 21, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness...

I'm thinking I really need to purchase a photo box! My pictures have been hard to capture lately with the unpredictable weather as well as time of day (dead of night!!) I usually finish my projects...grrr! You can tell from these photos it was pretty cloudy and dark...I'm going to have to work on that! Anyhow, I got to playing the other day and was thinking of some new ideas for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October) this year and I had the perfect set from MFT-Think Pink as my inspiration. Some fun little altered Post-it Pad holders. I colored the main image with my Copic makers and matted with SU! cs. The sentiment was bent around my acrylic block for the circle image. I was just going to add the circle sentiment when I got a novel idea to add the flower with rhinestone bling. In order to get my rhinestone situated directly in the middle of the flower, I simply used my small circle punch to just slightly clip the corner off of the main image! You totally can't even see the "extra" detail with the Hearts Cuttlebug folder I used, however it's embossed on the green layer...looks super funky in person...I looove it!Soooo, if you make oodles of large Post-it pads, you can also repeat with the mini notepads! I have these by the drawer full...not really sure why, but I finally found a project to use them with. The approx. size on the mini notebooks is about 1x 1.5 inches...really tiny! This size would be great to add to a gift bag or toss in your purse. When I go to "toss" these in a purse, I'd advise saving the plastic storage bag (I purchase mine at Clearbags.com) to prevent ripping off the rhinestones, paper, etc. I'm off to get cleaned up this morning! My twin sis has been in town visiting with us and we are headed to the Elementary School today for my Daugther's Kindergarten orientation...ahhh BIG sigh!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Glass said...

Very Cute Dawn! i hope they sell well! Hugs,Elizabeth

Michelle said...

Cute cute cute.. Glad your having a chance to visit with your twinkie.. Gosh Gracie in Kindergarten.. WOW!! Tell her Seyshell says hi :) Johnathan starts college today.. and Jarrett Sophomore year.. YIKES! I'm getting old!

Mishy