STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"V" is for Valerie...

ETA: The font is SU! Whimsical Lower---I'm not sure if its available anymore:(


My sister was in need of a gift for a co-worker who is leaving, so I thought about some sort of bucket ensemble I could make up, and this is what transpired! These are some of my favorite colors to work with and I have made this patterned paper on some post-it notes in previous posts. Whenever I don't have just the right sort of paper to use, I just make my own. Since the stamps I used take several rounds(double stamping), it takes me anywhere from an hour to 2 hours for one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Time consuming?? YES! But the end result is worth it:) I had some leftover notebooks that I bought at Staples and that was my starting point. The cs is SU! and I stamped the bg with PTI Polka Dot Basics. I then added the patterned paper and matted it on coordinating paper. They were cut out with my nesty rectangle dies. To get "Valerie" straight and close together, I used my stamp-a-ma-jig. I swore I'd never need to buy one of these, but it really helps with alphabets and a few other hard-to-keep straight stamping sets I own.

A cute set of 4x4 cards. Since they are dark cardstock for the base, there is a white liner on the inside for easy writing.
And to top off the ensemble, I added a 2x8 chocolate box!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

WOW this is beautiful! Love it all!The alphabet font is awsome - what is it??