STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Boards & Beams Part II...

So what's a better gift besides a card you ask?? CHOCOLATE of course! I still wanted to play with this new set some more, so I decided to try out some of my packaging patterns and go at it. The pillow box pattern(purchased at Target) is traced on the cardstock(kraft SU!), stamped, and then cut out. I always stamp before I cut the pattern so I can keep it nice and straight. The coloring techniques are the exact same as the previous posts, so you can scroll down for those details. I will most likely make some more of these in a Christmas theme to use for gift cards and candies. The bg stamp is PTI's Polka Dot Basics and for the candies I used Holiday Treats. Isn't that little house stamp perfect with this theme?
Another fun and simple addition to any gift basket is a bag o' chocolates. Instead of using the house on another card, I decided to turn her into a tag. The bag is a cello-type bag and I trimmed the top off and tied the tag around with some yummy SU! chocolate satin ribbon. To add a little more dimesion to the bag, I added a little bit of shredded kraft paper to the bottom which also helps cushion the chocolates. I will have many more packaging ideas to share since the Holidays are just around the corner!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Glass said...

Very very cute Dawn! Hugs,Elizabeth