STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, January 7, 2008

Bella Notebooks...

These are my spin on Michelle Wooderson's Bella Teacher Notebooks. I just wanted to change a few things based on materials I had available. These are also a great size to give as simple gifts for teachers. I also thought it might be cute if you use the teachers name in place of "take note". These are junior notebooks and can be purchased at any supply store. They were cut in half(a package of 6 were cut at one time) for a $2 fee.
While my sis was here over Christmas break she trekked to Manhattan with me to check out Lee's Art Shop. I was super excited that I could get all the new supplies I was wanting...IN ONE PLACE:) I purchased some gamsol, paper stumps, and a new set of Prismacolor pencils. You can tell the difference in this photo. The pink notebook on the left is done with regular watercolor pencils and a damp paintbrush. Then look at the notebook on the right...POP!! I love the richness of color and its incredibly vibrant. Gamsol and paper stumps are also a definite plus because they don't run like watercoloring with a watered brush.
I used a variety of patterned papers...really trying to use what I have on hand:) The Dewdrops are "Flame" and "Island Blossom" and adhered with crystal effects(a little goes along way). I used "take note" from Papertrey ink.

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

I love these, these would be perfect for my teachers, thanks for the idea!!!

Thanks so much for sharing.

JoAnna