STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

12x12 Display Frame...

Here is another fabulous and fun project I got to play with for Glue-Art & Paper Studio. For this particular project I used the 12x12 size, however they are available in 6x6 and 8x8. The stand comes in bare wood so you can get straight to work on them. I can't wait to work with the smaller sizes, which would be prefect for gifts. You can visit Glue-Art & Paper Studio to browse the products they carry and also a list of retailers that carry their products.My lovely hubby and I at my sisters wedding in 2001. This was by far my favorite page to work on because I finally got to use these soft yellow primas that I bought eons ago. The primas are double layered and I added a pearl center. I matted the photo on chocolate brown bazzill cs and sewed around the outer edges. The bazzill olive cs is stamped with flourishes and I added some yellow amuse twinkle stickers for a little bling.


I used mostly SU! supplies to complete this project. Stamp set is Wild Rose and inked in Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme and stamped on kraft cs. I embossed the roses 3 times with UTEE until I got the thickness I wanted. They are layered on the side posts with 3M dimensional tape. I used hodegpodge hardware and printed the "family memories" off the pc. The wooden dowel and bottom rim are dyed with SU! chocolate chip pigment ink and sanded down for a more "vintage" feel. The roses may appear to be a problem when you turn the pages, however, since there is room to play with on top and its quite flexible, I just lifted up the pages at a slight bend and slipped them over the roses...no problem! The page protectors are SU! "Post Bound" which I do like, but because there is still a little space, I may go back and trim the SU! label off and punch holes below the open space so it doesn't hang as low.
I try to keep my pages simple and clean so it doesn't take away from the photo. Most of the photos are take of my girls are closeups because I love their cute chubby cheeks and my camera is great at catching all the wonderful expressions in such crisp detail. The bottom page of Gracie was the first time I've played with ribbon when it comes to scrapping. I'm thrilled with how it helped "box-in" and highlight the page since I only had 2 pics I wanted to display. I took advantage of the SU! special 2 for 1 on ribbon...I've used LOTS of these two colors and I love the quality:)


To see some more great ideas and to meet the New Design Team click HERE!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Pretty Dawn! Love the metal hardware pieces :)