STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, July 18, 2011

Washi With A Little Ginge-y...

Today I've got a set of cards using the Washi Tape again. If you missed the tutorial on using Washi Tape, just scroll down to my previous post for some easy-to-follow tips. I used the same stamp sets, Signature Christmas and Holiday Button Bits. I loved this patterned tape and thought it felt just like a gingerbread house so I decided to cover my entire vanilla card stock. I outlined ginge-y in Copper Stickles and filled the frosting lines with Liquid Pearls(puffy paint, but better!). She looks DELISH!This card follows the exact tape layout I did in my tutorial. I left the gaps open so I could add the candy cane twine. Make sure if your using twine that you pull it taunt when taping on the backside...otherwise is stays loose and your twine will sag.Stay tuned this week for more Christmas goodies! Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Donna K said...

I am loving your Christmas in July, Dawn! Those gingers look good enough to munch on! Thanks for the Washi inspiration girlfriend!

Sandy said...

these cards are so cute. I could not tell that the first card background is made from tape. Very creative!

bonnie said...

OH i LOVE THIS LIL' GUY...ADORABLE SWEETIE :) hUGS X