STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, March 23, 2009

Well rested and Peaceful...

It's about time I update the ol' blog eh? I missed blogging, but have been busy for all the right reasons! Sooo, I will update this post with whats been going on...mostly crafting related as I have been creating my little fingers to the bone. I had to take a break because I was waking up with my fingers swollen and tingling! EEEEK! Back in February I decided to host a craft day for my girlfriends and my sister was able to join us! Unfortunately, she was busy chasing a sick baby while we were crafting so I missed her in the pics, but I do have some work of hers to share! I kept the invite simple and printed them straight from the pc. The flower is punched with my Martha Stewart flower punch. I added some leaves and a button to the top. All in favor of the Target $ Spot???!! I picked up these pink pails for some door prizes as well as used a couple of them for Gracie's teacher's for Valentine's Day. Inside the pails is a cellophane bag that I filled with chocolates, tied with ribbon, and then added the tag. These are my new Verve Stamps I played with...they are a little addicting I might add. I love to double layer look here with the flowers...this set comes with some fun butterflies as well! The butterflies were used on another project I will share in the next week or so!
Close up! I decided the tag looked a little "too plain" so I sewed the trim around the edge! Looks a little vintage, right? Or at least that's the "look" I was going for! Here are the gals! That's me in the back with the green shirt on! We did two projects: mailboxes & stationary sets! I made sure all the pieces were cut ahead of time and put all the supplies in the lunch sacks. This saved a lot of time and allowed me to help out with the stamping. Acrylic stamps can be quite intimidating for first-timers. Here is a mailbox my sister, Christie, did! At the workshop we had left the front lid plain, but I think she did a wonderful job adding the quote on front.February also made room for the birthday girl! My oldest Gracie, turned 5 on the 18th. This was not only a big deal for her, but for my Hubby and I as well. This is the first birthday for both of my children that was celebrated in OUR home. In all the years past, we have been in V.A. or G.A. to ring in their birthdays.
Addison, Gracie, and Aidan (my Nephew...look at those yummy cheeks!!!)
My attempts at a "princess" cake! In my case I call it my "terrifically-tacky" attempt, but at 5 it meant the world to Grace, and that's all that mattered to me!
I saved the BEST for last, not for the situtation, but for the person! My last post left off with news no one in my family was prepared for. My Grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer in early February and passed away March 7th. It has been incredibly hard for everyone in the family, but with each passing day, we know he is in a better place. He meant the world to us all and I'm grateful for the times we did get to spend together. Even at the age of 92, he was still very sharp and witty. He was a gentle giant with a heart of gold and will be greatly missed! We Love You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok,I'm so glad you updated your blog, but I started crying again with Grandpa's post! Thanks for posting about him, he certainly is missed! How come there is a JADE MING MEI DESIGN stamp over my creation? Someone might want to buy that, you never know...lol....like the updated page and pics!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back..."well rested and Peaceful..". Love the cute mailboxes, tags and invitation.

{{Hugs}} to you for the loss of your dear loved one.

Hope J

Anonymous said...

Missed you! Wondered what had happened to you. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(