STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, December 3, 2007

Cupcakeabella:)

I couldn't wait to play with this new bella. I've been having an itch for cupcakes lately and would you believe it, I finally made cupcakes for the first time for my Hubby's bday last month? Now, don't get me wrong, its not that I can't bake, I just prefer doing layered cakes is all. I even got out my pastry bags to apply the frosting:) Soooo, for this card I started out with SU! chocolate chip base. The patterned paper is from Overten House Collections(EK success), and I added the SU! Pretty in Pink scalloped edge. The ribbon(May Arts) runs under the bottom of the focal image and is tied to the side. The bella image is colored with SU! re-inkers and watercolor pencils. I "boxed" her in by adding some stitching and placing a pearl(Ellen Hutson) on the tip of the cupcake. I know its hard to see in the photo, but I used my stardust glitter gel pen to color in the cupcake "foil" wrapper...very sparkly! Amuse twinkle stickers were added to the scalloped(SU! corner rounder)edges. The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella:) This color combo was inspired to a recent trip to Costco...anyone ever seen the book 500 Cupcakes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I just ordered this stamp the other day and can't wait to get it! I love the colors you used!