STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Rub-A-Dub...

She sure looks comfy in that nice warm bubble bath...awwwww! These Bella stamps have become a favorite in my house and I generally buy them based on some part of my life...here I wish I had MORE time to take a relaxing bath, especially with two little ones tugging on me all day:) After I did this card, I realize I went overboard on the stitching, real AND faux...lol I see waaay too many lines when I look at it now! Anyhoo, she's still cute and I had fun with it! I started with a SU! Pixie Pink card base and matted some Prima paper. The prima paper is double sided, so I used the backside for the bottom half of the card. The Bella is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with SU! re-inkers and watercolor pencils. I used my new Grey Copic maker to add an outline to the Bella image and it really makes it "pop". I added some Diamond Stickles to the bath water and she really SPARKLES! I tucked some sage ribbon from Mike's around the middle and added Prima's with Amuse Twinkle Stickers. The sentiment on the bottom is done with my small and large Karen Foster Snap Stamps. I created the scalloped edge on the bottom with my SU! corner rounder...just take off the guide and VOILA!

This was the first card I tried out my new Copic markers on. I only purchased a soft grey and a skintone peach color, but I'm not too sure I like them. I dislike the fact that now I have to buy yet ANOTHER stamp pad to coincide with these inks. Using stazon ink and copics makes the black ink bleed out, although I learned if you don't get right on top of the image your ok?? Because these are alcohol based, they also have a very strong smell when working with them. As if I don't inhale enough of my Tim Holtz stamp cleaner...which also has a very "toxic" like smell, even though it says its "bubble-gum" flavor...lol Soooo, I'm not sure that I will purchase anymore of these markers...unless I'm able to take a class on them!

No comments: