STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Simple Sympathy...

Not my favorite type of card to make, although sometimes very necessary. I made this card a few weeks ago for a special young lady who donated much of her time to Relay for Life here in Onslow County. She fought hard and long...nearly 7 years before passing away on April 22. She leaves behind a young daughter, who like her Mom, is very much involved in Relay and will carry on her Mother's torch.

The layout is simple and elegant so to add just a subtle "punch" in color, I used my shimmer Dew Drop inks...hard to tell, but there is a a slight sparkle in the pic...looks much more vibrate in person. The music sheet in the bg is from a vintage (I mean REALLY vintage!) sheet book I picked up at a resale shop. The music pages are thin due to age, but I was happy to find the entire sheet book in tact and it also had the original owners name and date handwritten in 1958! I can't wait to use more of it!

No comments: