STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Playing catch-up!

I'm back with some more goodies to share. April has been an incredibly busy month with fundraising and donating items for Relay for Life. I'm proud to say for someone who had never heard of this program before, I walked away this weekend with a new sense of appreciation and admiration for those battling and those who have survived cancer. It touched my life in more ways then I could ever explain. I met a young lady who happened to be working the luminary booth with me and we got to talking (found out later that our hubby's work together!) about the event and she told me of her cancer diagnosis of ovarian cancer at only 17. Now, I don't know about you folks, but this is what gets me very agitated about insurance companies designating a certain age in which to receive certain preventative treatments such as a mammogram etc. I'm hoping the health care industry (yes, it IS a business, unfortunately!!) will reverse their practices...its much more cost effective to run a cancer detecting machine than having to deal with the consequences down the road (chemo, surgery, etc.). Cancer does not have an age....


Now, on to the fun stuff that has been sitting in a file on my desktop...lol I had made this Easter Basket for the last auction. Usually, I only have gift card donations, but this time I had some cash donations that needed to be disguised. Any guesses where I put the cash???? That's right! I broke out the power tools for this project and drilled holes on the underside of the eggs and inserted the wood dowels. The hole drilled is slightly smaller than the diameter of the dowel so I would have a nice and snug fit. Yes, my desk really does look like that...I just noticed how messy it was! I assure you it is just as messy now as it was a month ago when I made this basket! I'm not ashamed, it's always a work-in-progress...lol I used my favorite Verve Set-Petals & Stems. The die-cuts in the background are from my Nesty Dies and I ran them thru my Wizard. I added some purple satin ribbon from Wal-Mart and dabbed on some heavy duty glue for my Foo-fa-la button.I'm not too sure about this notebook, but I threw it up here anyway. There are a number of things I would change (cut the sentiment smaller, spaced out my scallops evenly) on it, but for my first time using this image, it's "ok"....lol I really like this fruit paper though. The images just need to be smaller so I don't cover so many of them up...there are several cherries hiding underneath the stamped image...lolI took this close up for the sentiment...we all have "those" days on occasion! I'm working on a "Behind the Scenes" this week...hopefully I can have it edited and uploaded by the end of the week. Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments: