STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Little Inside Joke...

I love these mailboxes from the Target $ Spot. I'm always looking for a new way to "spice" them up! I put this mailbox together for a girlfriend as an "inside joke"...she is a little stressed so the stamp set and contents inside fit well together! I used My Favorite Things-Serenity Now set. I colored her up with my copic makers...I had to take a close up because I was super excited that my blending technique is getting much better. It has taken some time to get used to these markers, but now I LOVE THEM! I'm still having some trouble finding the RIGHT ink to prevent smearing. I've tried them all, Black Stazon (not too bad, if I let the images dry overnight!!!), True Black from Papertrey Ink (I had the worst smearing with this one...maybe because I used the glossy white cs from SU!??), so for those of you who "copic" I'd love some advice on what I'm doing wrong with these inks??
Here I added a quick monogram with my PTI-Ambassador Alpha set. I trimmed a few short pieces of ribbon and double-knotted so they stay on tight!

I squeezed in a mini can of coke and hotel sized rum. It is a very tight fit, as you can see in the photo above, it did distort my mailbox a little bit but I just shoved it all in and shut the lid really quick...lol I did drop this off at her work, hopefully the stress dies down and doesn't cause her to "drink on the job!"...lol Fun, Fun, Fun!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

HA! That's hilarious.. your copic coloring is FANTASTIC!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

hey dawn, this is super adorable! what a cute idea! copic coloring ink---Palette Noir from Superior (papertrey sells it) or Brilliance Graphite Black from Tsukineko. and yes--just say no to the glossy paper!! again i'll send you to papertrey for their white cardstock--NONE better and perfect for copics. it's all i use! i hope this helps and i hope you don't think it too presumptuous of me to give you such a strong opinion. it's just what works for me!!! hugs, sus