STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, November 24, 2008

More Soldering Fun...

Practicing more with the new soldering tools I have. I tried a few different designs here, just to see what works best when soldering. When soldering, you need to be sure and choose your decorations wisely or else they will melt or show thru your patterned paper. You may not be able to see it in the photo, but I have a piece of double sided tape to hold the Hello Kitty in place on the paper and when I went to solder, the tape melted slightly and showed thru. This is why its good to use two pieces of paper(front and back) when "sandwiching" all your pieces together. For the Hello Kitty tag I had a 12x12 sheet of patterned paper and I just cut out the kitty and taped her on the patterned paper. I used my Karen Foster Snap Stamps for "Addison". I'm still working on the soldering the "jump rings" so its always a little clumpy in the middle...lol This one is a bit better since I added the jump ring from the back instead of the middle. You just have to play around with them.
I had some leftover colored images for this princess tag so I just placed my glass over the stamped image and trimmed the edges. Again, I used the snap stamps for the name as well.
If you're just starting out with soldering, this is a very easy template to use. I took some old SU! patterned paper here and stamped it with my Dew Drop(Jumbo Java) and used my PTI stamps. Be sure to let it dry completely before putting the two sheets of glass together or it will smudge.

All these tags were originally made to use at key chains, but my little girls prefer to use them on their backpacks.

No comments: