I had to laugh at that comment...I only wish I had enough time in the day to try out some new Halloween stamps...lol I've been MIA on some house projects. Now, I wouldn't normally share these here, but I thought it'd be kinda fun to showcase my interior artwork as well! I'm like a modern day Martha Stewart, just without the jail time and BIG fat paycheck...lol Home Sweet Home...love the colors, but especially love the "penthouse suite" above the garage...lol Its the only room upstairs and a great place to catch an afternoon nap or just relax. Its far enough away from the other rooms so you have complete silence! If you look really close, you can see my little one running in front of the hibiscus bushes. The girls have longed for a yard after living in NYC for the last 3 years...we had an apt. on the 3rd floor there...NOT conducive for kids!
This is the main bathroom downstairs and was painted in the standard white. I knew I wanted to try a chocolate on the wall and since I've never painted before, the bathroom is small enough to make my start. I picked up the shower curtain at Penny's...can you tell its actually CURTAINS?? Ok, I will admit it, I LOVE Pottery Barn but not their prices and this striped curtain was perfect while browsing Penny's(plus the price was in my budget). I had every intention of hemming the bottoms, but after hanging them, I decided I like the height depth and went up higher with the shower rod. There is a lower rod on the inside for the liner.
ACCCKKK!! MORE STRIPES!! I'm not doing the WHOLE house in them...just 2 rooms for now...lol These particular colors were pulled from the Rooster plate above, and these colors will be incorporated in my kitchen. I found the pillows and rooster dish at Kirkland's and brought them with me to the fabric store for swatch's. The fabric samples will later be turned into curtains and a bench seat cushion. One project at a time...Martha's not into sharing her money:(
And last but not least...I was nominated for my first blog awards:) Since I was hit twice, I will just list some of my favorite blogs I love to visit!
1. Regina-she is my SU! Demo and incredibly sweet!
2. Dawn-She's like the digi-scrap queen! She made my blog banner and has the cutest set of twin girls...not that I'm bias or anything!
3. Debbie Olson-incredibly talented! She's got me hooked on soldering now...yes, that means you will soon a new project from me:)
4. Nichole Heady-She is the creator of Papertrey Ink Stamps...I own many of her creations!
5. Michelle-Because she's the one who started this madness! I met Michelle while living in NYC(we were neighbors) and happened to be over at her house one night and began browsing a SU! catty. It was all over then...lol Although we are separated by many miles(both military families) now, we still keep in touch and chat about all the new stamp gadgets out!
Sooo, if you've made it this far down the post, there will be new posts this week so stay tuned:)