STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Friday, October 1, 2010

Little Star, Cup Of Joe...

In the midst of drying out here NC, it also hampered my intentions of getting my morning post up! I take my photos in natural light and the light has been lacking immensely this week! We ended up receiving 20 inches of rain since Sunday and it did not let up until yesterday evening! Being a homeowner makes me appreciate the rain, but I certainly wasn't expecting this much. School has been out for the last 2 days and the surrounding roads are still under water. We are very thankful that all the homes in our subdivision are built on higher ground. I made good use of my down-time to catch up on this simple sketch from the Sept./Oct. of Paper Crafts Magazine.I saw this sketch on page 24 and got this wild and crazy idea that I'd be able to get about 25 cards out of this design! I was a little overzealous and think I ended up with 12 in 2 different concepts. Honestly, I think 24 would have bored me to death! I don't like to mass produce often, but when I do, it's got to be a simple layout!A glittery mix of MFT's-Coffee? Tea? and Sweet Shoppe paper. The cup o' joe is 3-D with crystal effects and very, very fine glitter from Martha Stewart. I see a little spilled on the outer edges here, but it will easily brush off! This is what I get for trying to rush this post!Same sketch, but changed it up a bit! This card is very versatile in that you can either use it as a "new baby" card or for a little girls "birthday" card.

1 comment:

Donna K said...

As I'm making my regular visit to JadeMingmei Designs I am again inspired. I really need to get busy, don't I?!

These latest cards are too cute, Dawn. I remember seeing them in person and thinking how cute to mix it up with the brighter cheery colors instead of the usual browns for a coffee themed lay out. Great job...again!