STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Monday, September 27, 2010

Celtic Cross Notebook...

Sweet baby Kinley is PROOF that you can find crafting inspiration in even the smallest of packages! Over the Summer we made a long drive back to my hometown of Harrah, Oklahoma...arriving just in time for Kinley's birth! She is the first child of my dear friend Trisha and her hubby Christian. I love everything about this beautiful photo: the outfit, pose, and bright/vivid colors...so much so, I decided to turn this inspiration into a notebook!Photo is courtesy of Lisa Monahan Photography...based out of Oklahoma City. Not only does she do wonderful candid portraits, she was also gracious enough to allow me to post this image on my blog...BIG thank you Lisa!I did not have any zebra print paper (I do NOW!) at the time, so I opted for some leftover Doodle Bug paper. The cross pattern is hand cut on all 3 layers, so a bit time consuming, but so worth it. I was brave enough to stitch the cross even with the rounded inside corners (none of which you can see, because I ended up covering them up with my monogram!) and it gives a little more added texture. The bg hot pink is stamped with PTI's-Damask Designs and each black dot is separately stamped. Glitter is courtesy of my Stickles collection.Trisha and I...what's my excuse, my youngest is now 4 years old....LOL! Thank you for allowing us to share in Kinley's arrival!

No comments: